Hope everybody is getting excited!
Peterborough's Annual Seed Exchange: Seedy Sunday is SOON.
I am re-posing some details, so they are all together in one post at the top of the page!
Sunday March 10th 1-5pm. George st united church
There will be seeds for sale from lots of great local vendors as well as an area where you can trade seeds with other gardeners. Informative workshops too.
See you there!
1:30pm Seed Saving 101 with Kate Green of USC-Canada
Are you interested in becoming a seed saver or learning more about the craft? This workshop is aimed towards beginners, but everyone can participate & learn the basics needed to plant & maintain a seed garden this season, and get growing your own seeds!
Warning: Seed saving can become very addictive!
3:00pm Organic Gardening and Composting - Yes You Can! With Robin Tench
Yes you can! grow yummy healthy food, gorgeous flowers, and a lush lawn WITHOUT using chemicals!
With a lifetime of experience in successful organic growing, Robin will take you through the gardening season and offer tips, techniques, and recipes for gardening and composting the way Nature intended!
Featuring Robin's working worms!
Come and buy seeds (& other fab stuff) from these great vendors:
- Terra Edibles
- Les Bowser – Cedar Grove
- Green-Side-Up Environmental Services
- Heritage Seed & Produce – Kingston
- Greta’s Organics
- Urbantomato seeds
- Mountain Grove Seed Company
- Earth Works - Robin Tench (worms & compost)
- Cottage Gardener
- Urban Harvest
- Peterborough Field Naturalists
- Ann Brown - The Plant Lady!
Learn some great stuff from or find out how to be involved with these community groups:
- Peterborough Community Garden Network
- Seeds of Diversity Canada
- By the Bushel Food Cooperative
- Transition town
- Millbrook Community Garden
- USC- Canada
- Ashburnham Community Garden
- Peterborough Gleaning Program
- Master Gardeners/ Horticultural Society
- Peterborough City-County Health Unit
- YWCA- Food Action Programs
- Fleming Sustainable Agriculture Program