inquiries . . . .

If you would like to purchase seeds or have any questions, email me: urbantomato@gmail.com

Relics of the past

As I said in my last post, I am at home visiting my family for the week. While looking for a book to read, I came across these relics from the past of urbantomato. 
 When I first started urbantomato, I was given a grant to help start a small business, it gave me time to develop packaging templates & ideas. These are some of the first templates that I designed, and gave to my family as christmas gifts. I think that they must be from 2005 or 2006?
 I cannot imagine that I used to hand-write each of my packages!!! That would take ages now. I guess I was working at a smaller scale then
 The packages I found were for una heartstock, green grape, chocolate pepper and black russian. Still some of my favourites. Amazing to think of just how many seeds have come from the stock that was put in these packages . . .  thousands upon thousands, and so many fruits! 
 I do like the idea that I had the instructions of how to save your seeds right on the back of the envelopes, maybe I will have to reincorporate that? 
I am gonna look around at home to find my other envelopes through the years, I know that I had many versions, none quite as labour intensive as these, but certainly each took more time than the systems I have in place now. I wonder if ten years from now I will look back at my current packaging & wonder what I was thinking? Ahh, The joy of growth & development! 

No comments: